Broome County Licensed Home Health Care provider is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse. Competitive pay based on experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off and 401(k) with company match. Pleasant office environment.
Status: Full-time, salary exempt position
Primary Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Completes admission assessments in the field, screens, and documentation of registered clients in compliance with Medicaid/insurance requirements.
- Documents follow-up on falls, accidents, incidents, and alleged abuse reporting.
- Performs nursing duties within the scope of practice of Registered Nurse licensure as needed.
- Assists in the supervision of home health aides, including doing home visits.
- Participates in on-call schedule rotation.
- Provides backup to other staff, including the Director and the Scheduler, as needed.
- Assumes leadership responsibilities of the home health care program in the absence of the Director.
This position offers a nice balance of field work, such as home visits for new admission assessments and PCA supervision visits; and office work, such as providing back up and assistance for the scheduler/coordinator along with the onsite Leadership Role when the Director is out of the office.
Home Care is going to be taking an even larger role in the delivery of patient care in the future. The right candidate will want to be part of this growth, is a “people person" and can work independently with good problem solving abilities.
- Must have New York State Registered Nurse license.
- At least two years of nursing experience, home health care experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- A criminal background check, physical, and drug test will be conducted post-offer.
In addition to the JOB REQUIREMENTS stated above, the ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- Experience providing care to clients in the home setting. If you are currently an RN and possess HHA or PCA experience, this is of value.
- Leadership experience. This takes many forms. If you have been instrumental in the success of something that you are very proud of, let’s hear about it.
- Embraces technology and recognizes all of the efficiencies and increases in productivity that can be gained from “getting away from paper" and accessing information online.
- Must love performing on many levels and enjoy a work day that provides a variety of tasks.